Nude x Stripes

It's getting warmer and warmer here in New Zealand - thank god!!! Spring is my second favourite season, next to sum...


It's getting warmer and warmer here in New Zealand - thank god!!!
Spring is my second favourite season, next to summer, mostly because it's the season my birthday falls on haha. Anyway, this spring I'm more into the muted colours (and nude) kind of trend, hence the pair of shorts I'm wearing in this post.

I purchased these shorts back when I was still in the Philippines and I only got to wear them twice! This time, it is one of my go-to clothing for a simple yet elegant look- it isn't too short where people will be able to see your butt, but it's still quite flattering to the body.
It has all the qualities that would enhance a petite figure like mine: high waisted, lightweight, and vertically stripped. The high waisted design together with the vertically stripped pattern gives the illusion of length, while the chiffon fabric that was used for the shorts wasn't too chunky and heavy where it would be distracting and overwhelming the eyes. Plus, the nude colour "blended" into my skin tone pretty well which added to the whole illusion of length.

Overall, I really like this pair of shorts. I think everyone needs a staple and basic piece in their wardrobe like this- something they could grab and pair with any other item in their wardrobe!

Cotton On crop top, Forever 21 shorts, Geox boots, and Terranova necklace.


♡ Bea Madeleine

0 comments

What do you think?